1/7 Photos of Buttermilk Scones (Biscuits)
From Australian Super Food Ideas. We found these to be easy to make and served with diet jam (no sugar) and a dollop of cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 220 degree C (200 C for fan forced oven).
- 2Grease and flour a 8cm deep, 19cm (base) square cake tin.
- 3Place flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- 4Add butter and using fingertips rub butter in flour mix until mix resembles fine breadcrumbs (or give it a quick buzz in the food processor and then transfer mix to a bowl).
- 5Make a well in the centre and add buttermilk and using a flat bladed knife, stir until dough almost comes together.
- 6Place on a lightly floured surface and knead gently until dough comes together.
- 7Press out to a 3cm thick round.
- 8Dip a 5cm round cutter into flour to prevent dough sticking and cut out scones (biscuits).
- 9Gently press leftover dough pieces together and repeat cutting out more scones - should make a total of 16 scones.
- 10Place scones, touching into prepared tin.
- 11Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until light golden and hollow when tapped on top.
- 12Serve with jam and cream or honey (or golden syrup) and cream .
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Scones (Biscuits)
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.8
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 416.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g