Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk (more if thinner dressing is desired)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon msg (MSG)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- cracked pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Mix everything (I put it in a quart canning jar) let stand overnight.
- Crumbled blue cheese may be added (Sometimes I add a little cottage cheese, just for texture).
This is pretty good, but we like the commercial one better. I left out the MSG, but otherwise followed the recipe. It was a little bland. Maybe more garlic salt or powder?
I have added freshly grated parmesan cheese to this dressing; really good!