Recipe by RecipeNut
These are great nutty pancakes! Cooking time is about 2-3 minutes on each side
Top Review by Baby Kato
I really enjoyed these splendid pancakes RecipeNut. The only change to your recipe was to add 3/4 cup of wild blueberries, as per my houseguests request. The blueberries were a nice combination with the pecans. The buttermilk pancakes, were light, fluffy and tender with tons of flavor. I served them with warm maple syrup. Thank you so much for sharing this treat, which I can't wait to make again. :)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and butter.
- Combine flour, pecans, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the egg mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes.
- Cook until second side is golden brown.
- Makes 16 pancakes.