Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 50 mins
Make and share this Buttermilk Peach Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 1⁄2 peaches, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 1 Ã 1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (about 1 lb.)
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the first 7 ingredients; sift again.
- Process chopped peaches in a food processor or blender until smooth (Yield should be 2 cups puree).
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Beat butter and sugar at high speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Add peach mixture and beat until well blended.
- Layer sliced peaches in a greased 13x9 inch pan.
- Fold flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Pour batter over sliced peaches in pan.
- Place pan in a large roasting pan, and add boiling water to roasting pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until set (pudding will still be moist).
- Serve warm or cold with ice cream.