Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Canadian Living website Posting for safe keeping The recipe says a star shaped pan but a 10-inch (3 L) springform pan with a baking sheet as a base is a good stand-in. Times are approximate
- In bowl, combine 3 cups (750 mL) of the flour, yeast, parsley, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Heat buttermilk, water and butter until 125 F (50 C) or hot to the touch (mixture may curdle).
- Whisk buttermilk mixture; stir into flour mixture.
- Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead for about 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces; shape into balls, pinching at bottom to seal. Place, seam side down, in well-greased 12-cup (3 L) star-shaped baking pan.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
- Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and hollow-sounding when tapped on bottom. Remove from pan and let cool on rack. (Rolls can be wrapped and frozen for up to 2 weeks; thaw, wrap in foil and reheat in 400 F/200 C oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until warmed through.) Brush tops with melted butter (if using).