1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
wicked cook 46's Note:
From the Canadian Living website Posting for safe keeping The recipe says a star shaped pan but a 10-inch (3 L) springform pan with a baking sheet as a base is a good stand-in. Times are approximate
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In bowl, combine 3 cups (750 mL) of the flour, yeast, parsley, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- 2Heat buttermilk, water and butter until 125 F (50 C) or hot to the touch (mixture may curdle).
- 3Whisk buttermilk mixture; stir into flour mixture.
- 4Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make soft dough.
- 5Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead for about 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- 6Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 7Divide dough into 12 pieces; shape into balls, pinching at bottom to seal. Place, seam side down, in well-greased 12-cup (3 L) star-shaped baking pan.
- 8Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
- 9Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and hollow-sounding when tapped on bottom. Remove from pan and let cool on rack. (Rolls can be wrapped and frozen for up to 2 weeks; thaw, wrap in foil and reheat in 400 F/200 C oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until warmed through.) Brush tops with melted butter (if using).
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Parsley Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.7
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.9 mg
- Sodium 393.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g