Recipe by podapo
My favorite pancake. Cooking time is estimated.
Top Review by VelvetPie
Magnificent. These are THEE best pancakes ever! The best I've ever had. They remind me of childhood and the BEST part is that you can make the pancakes and refrigerate or freeze any leftovers and then just pop them in the toaster for a quick breakfast... and they taste JUST as good. Thank you for this great great recipe!!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, unbeaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, buttermilk and melted butter.
- Mix until blended, but do not overbeat.
- Pour 1/4 cup per pancake (or to your liking) on lightly oiled skillet.
- Cook first side until bubbles start to form and pop.
- Flip and check other side until lightly browned.
- Serve with butter and favorite syrup.