Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from The Slow Roasted Italian and photo from Anindya World
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk to combine. Add eggs, buttermilk, butter, salt and vanilla. Stir until just combined. Do not over stir or you will have flat pancakes.
- Set aside on the counter for an hour, or place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Ladle ¼ cup batter on a hot non stick skillet, over medium heat. Cook until pancakes are golden brown around the edge and bubble appear around the edges. Flip and cook until done.