Recipe by diner524
Another recipe found in my Land O Lakes Cookbook. The tang of buttermilk and the flavor of herbs blend together for a well-seasoned fried chicken.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was super delicious. The herb mix really added a lot of flavor tot he chicken. We really enjoyed this dish. Thanks for sharing your recipe, diner524. Made for 2014 Culinary Quest (U.S. Southern Cooking).
- 1⁄2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) package boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all coating ingredients in 9-inch pie pan. Dip chicken in buttermilk, then in coating mixture.
- Melt butter in 12-inch skillet until sizzling; add chicken. Cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until chicken is golden brown and fork tender (20 to 25 minutes).
- Buttermilk Substitute: Use 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice plus enough milk to equal 1/3 cup. Let stand 10 minutes.
- TIP: If chicken breasts are too thick, pound them to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet.
- TIP: Reduce heat if chicken browns too quickly.