Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe found in my Land O Lakes Cookbook. The tang of buttermilk and the flavor of herbs blend together for a well-seasoned fried chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) package boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- Combine all coating ingredients in 9-inch pie pan. Dip chicken in buttermilk, then in coating mixture.
- Melt butter in 12-inch skillet until sizzling; add chicken. Cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until chicken is golden brown and fork tender (20 to 25 minutes).
- Buttermilk Substitute: Use 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice plus enough milk to equal 1/3 cup. Let stand 10 minutes.
- TIP: If chicken breasts are too thick, pound them to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet.
- TIP: Reduce heat if chicken browns too quickly.
This was super delicious. The herb mix really added a lot of flavor tot he chicken. We really enjoyed this dish. Thanks for sharing your recipe, diner524. Made for 2014 Culinary Quest (U.S. Southern Cooking).
Delicious recipe Diner. We really enjoyed the chicken prepared this way. It was a quick and easy recipe to make with excellent results. The chicken had a lovely crisp crust and was moist, tender and juicy inside. Just perfect. Thank you so much for sharing. Made for Best of 2014 Tag Game.
Excellent and easy to prepare. I love the flavor combinations! I halved the recipe and only used about 1/8 C of flour, lessening the other dredging ingredients too. Thank you for a great chicken recipe I can make after a busy work day.