Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Low fat but creamy smooth. A multi- purpose dressing, good on any mixed greens. I corrected this recipe and now it is better with 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- In food processor or blender, emulsify all ingredients.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups.
- Add fresh herbs such as chives, basil or dill for extra flavour and a change of pace.
I like the flavor this dressing imparts. The ingredients are already on hand. Very yummy on salad. Mine was very runny though - maybe it's supposed to be this way? I guess I am just used to the thicker ranch style dressings in the store. Will make again if I can figure out how to make it thicker. Made for the September Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
This is a yummy dressing! Very flavorful and easy to make! Thanks for sharing.
Good, basic, quick dressing. No buttermilk in France so I used yogurt. Saw this and needed dressing for tonight and it is an easy winner.