Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Taste of Home. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds (16 slices).
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm buttermilk (70 to 80)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Really good - the buttermilk gives it a distinct tang without the hassle of sourdough starters. I added some roasted garlic, which was a nice addition. The crumb is fine, and it cuts well for sandwiches. Taste is as good, if not better, the next day.