Shirl (J) 831's Note:
This is a recipe I got from my sister Pat who makes these often for her family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small Pieces and chilled
- 3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk, plus
- 2 tablespoons fat-free buttermilk
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and soda in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 2Add buttermilk; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 3On a lightly floured surface, knead dough 5 or 6 times.
- 4Roll dough to 1/2" thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
- 5Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 6Brush tops with egg white.
- 7Bake at 450F for 12 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Cornmeal Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 250.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: