Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
Recipe revised from low and slow- Delish !
Make and share this Buttermilk Brined Chicken Wings recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup spicy your favorite barbecue rub
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup hot pepper sauce (I use franks red hot sauce)
- 5 lbs chicken wings
- 1 quart buttermilk
- Add salt, brown sugar hot sauce and 1/3 of rub and warm water in a 2 gallon ziploc.
- Pour in the buttermilk and add the wings. Marinate 4-14 hour.
- Prepare the grill, drain wings, dust with remaining rub.
- Cook 15 min, turn wings cook until done on indirect heat - 30 min total cook time.