Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
"I want butterfly waffles Daddy..." So here's what we came up with...
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 12 strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 banana
- colored sprinkles
- colored decorative sugar
- confectioners' sugar
- Combine dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Melt butter, beat eggs and add to dry mixture with milk, then butter.
- Whisk together and pour batter on hot waffle iron.
- Once waffle is done, cut in half and cut-off and reserve some of the waffle "fringes" for antennaes.
- invert the waffle halves to make the butterfly wings.
- Use either a half of a banana cut from top to bottom, or dollop whipped cream to make the butterfly body in between the waffle wings.
- cut the strawberry in such a way as to make polka dots to decorate the wings. Place blueberries inbetween and then sprinkle the whole thing with powdered sugar, sprinkles and colored sugar.