Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
"I want butterfly waffles Daddy..." So here's what we came up with...
Make and share this Butterfly Waffle recipe from Food.com.
- Combine dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Melt butter, beat eggs and add to dry mixture with milk, then butter.
- Whisk together and pour batter on hot waffle iron.
- Once waffle is done, cut in half and cut-off and reserve some of the waffle "fringes" for antennaes.
- invert the waffle halves to make the butterfly wings.
- Use either a half of a banana cut from top to bottom, or dollop whipped cream to make the butterfly body in between the waffle wings.
- cut the strawberry in such a way as to make polka dots to decorate the wings. Place blueberries inbetween and then sprinkle the whole thing with powdered sugar, sprinkles and colored sugar.