The holidays are approaching quickly and so the search for gifts in jar commences. This looked divine and I was rather surprised not to find it here. Though I have not tried it yet, I have reduced the amount of butter based on Karen's experience. Thanks Karen!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder (see note) or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (see note)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 (60 g) butterfinger candy bars, broken into little pieces
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)
Additional Ingredients to Add
- 1If you are using vanilla powder, combing powder and baking soda with the flour. If using extract, combine soda with flour and extract with the brown sugar.
- 2To prepare the gift jar, layer the ingredients as listed, tapping down after adding each layer.
- 3Attach card with the additional ingredient list and cooking direcions.
- 4Attach Tag:.
- 5Butterfinger Cookies.
- 63/4 cup butter, softened.
- 71/4 cup shortening, butter flavor is best.
- 81 large egg.
- 91 Jar Mix.
- 10Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 11Beat together the butter and shortening. Add the egg and mix until combined. Pour the baking mix into the bowl and mix by hand.
- 12Shape into small 1 " balls, pressing them down with a fork in a cross-hatch.
- 13Bake at 350 F for 10-12 on greased cookies sheets.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterfinger Cookie Mix (Gift in a Jar)
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.9
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.9 mg
- Sodium 62.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: