Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
The holidays are approaching quickly and so the search for gifts in jar commences. This looked divine and I was rather surprised not to find it here. Though I have not tried it yet, I have reduced the amount of butter based on Karen's experience. Thanks Karen!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder (see note) or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (see note)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 (60 g) butterfinger candy bars, broken into little pieces
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)
Additional Ingredients to Add
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 large egg
- If you are using vanilla powder, combing powder and baking soda with the flour. If using extract, combine soda with flour and extract with the brown sugar.
- To prepare the gift jar, layer the ingredients as listed, tapping down after adding each layer.
- Attach card with the additional ingredient list and cooking direcions.
- Attach Tag:.
- Butterfinger Cookies.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened.
- 1/4 cup shortening, butter flavor is best.
- 1 large egg.
- 1 Jar Mix.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together the butter and shortening. Add the egg and mix until combined. Pour the baking mix into the bowl and mix by hand.
- Shape into small 1 " balls, pressing them down with a fork in a cross-hatch.
- Bake at 350 F for 10-12 on greased cookies sheets.
I also made these as I received this jar as a gift. I followed the directions, The dough was perfect for rolling it into balls and I ended up with a perfect round shaped cookie. I baked these last night, my dh and ds said they wouldn't like them - I went to take a picture of these and they were gone. They ended up liking them so much they took them all between them to share at work. So I will be baking another batch today. Thanks for the great recipe that I will for sure be using alot.
I made these as if I received this jar as a gift and then followed the directions exact. I did use the chocolate chips, which I wouldn't do next time as they overpower the Butterfingers. I would rather use more of them than the chips ;). For flavor I would give these cookies 5 stars, but they came out flatter than a pancake which isn't very attractive. The first batch were so flat and spread so much that I figured I better refrigerate the next batch before rolling them into balls. I didn't flatten them at all and chilling them didn't do much to stop the spreading. I think maybe the butter/shortening to flour ratio is off. Like I said, they taste great but I wouldn't make them again as is. I'd either increase the flour or decrease the butter/shortening. Thanks!