Recipe by grandma2969
enough for a 9x13 pan..this makes a much anticipated gift..
Top Review by sweet73twinkletoes
This makes a really thick moist brownie with a great flavor. I am a daycare provider and i made it as a gift this yr for christmas, i heard nothing but how good it is, so i made it for my family and yes it is great!! Its a must try and so easy. Over in snowy LaGrande, Or
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup butterfinger candy bar, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart wide mouth canning jar. Mix flour with baking powder and salt.When placing in jar, to keep flour mixture from sifting down through the other ingredients, it helps to put flour mixture into a thin sandwich bag.or place flour mixture into bottom of jar and layer other ingredients on top.I try not to place "white on white" in the jars.looks prettier that way.Sometimes I lay jar on its side after and layer ingredients that way -- makes a pretty "sand art" type of gift.use your imagination. Place these instructions on your gift jar:.
- Empty mix into large bowl. Empty flour mixture into jar contents.Mix thoroughly.
- Add: 2 sticks butter, or margarine, melted.(do not use diet).4 large eggs and 2 tsps vanilla.
- Mix until blended.
- Pour batter into sprayed 9" X 13" pan.
- Bake at 350* for 25 minutes.
- Cool. Cut into squares.
- Makes 24-30 brownies.