Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- powdered sugar, to coat
- Heat oven to 325°.
- Combine butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping the bowl often, until creamy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low, add the flour, cornstarch and extract.
- Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Stir in pecans by hand.
- Shape level tablespoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until set, pale golden but not brown.
- Cool completely.
- Place powdered sugar in small bowl.
- Roll cookies in powdered sugar, turning carefully to coat both sides.