Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From: "Complete Home Bartender's Guide" by Salvatore Calabrese. "A comforting cocktail for a cold winter's night." This could easily be scaled down to 1 serving and microwaved in a mug.
- 1 quart apple juice or 1 quart apple cider
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 slices fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon clear honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cinnamon sticks, to garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly. Do not boil.
- When hot, use a ladle to fill four individual heatproof toddy glasses.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick to use a stirrer.
It's recipes like this that make Fall my favorite time of year. This was so good on a crisp, sunny November day. Made exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing! Made for tag game at kittencalskitchen.com.
5 stars without lemon (I just didn't try with because of another review) It needs to be strained as well and then you can enjoy it much more. I did not use nutmeg because of it's intoxicant properties (religious reason) so I added a less amount in allspice instead. I would make this again the same way. Made for Welcome to the Comfort Cafe - Snow Queens Round 01/10.