Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A tasty and crunchy candy.
Make and share this Buttercrunch Toffee recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place almonds on a baking sheet and bake them for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Once the nuts have cooled to room temperature, place in a food processor and pulse the almonds until they are finely chopped.
- Sprinkle half of the nuts in an 8 inch by 10 inch rectangle on a buttered or oiled baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized, heavy saucepan combine the brown sugar, water and butter. Have the baking soda and vanilla extract ready.
- Bring the sugar mixture to a boil and cook, stirring as little as possible, until the mixture reaches 285 degrees F (soft-crack stage) on a candy thermometer.
- Immediately remove the saucepan from the heat as the temperature will continue to rise to 290 degrees F.
- Add the baking soda and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Immediately pour this mixture evenly over the nuts on your baking sheet.
- Place the chopped chocolate over the hot toffee.
- After a few minutes the chocolate will be soft enough to spread with a spatula in an even layer over the toffee.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped almonds over the melted chocolate.
- Cool completely and then cut into desired shapes using a sharp knife.
- Store in an airtight container, at room temperature, for 7 - 10 days.