A tasty and crunchy candy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Place almonds on a baking sheet and bake them for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- 3Once the nuts have cooled to room temperature, place in a food processor and pulse the almonds until they are finely chopped.
- 4Sprinkle half of the nuts in an 8 inch by 10 inch rectangle on a buttered or oiled baking sheet. Set aside.
- 5In a medium-sized, heavy saucepan combine the brown sugar, water and butter. Have the baking soda and vanilla extract ready.
- 6Bring the sugar mixture to a boil and cook, stirring as little as possible, until the mixture reaches 285 degrees F (soft-crack stage) on a candy thermometer.
- 7Immediately remove the saucepan from the heat as the temperature will continue to rise to 290 degrees F.
- 8Add the baking soda and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- 9Immediately pour this mixture evenly over the nuts on your baking sheet.
- 10Place the chopped chocolate over the hot toffee.
- 11After a few minutes the chocolate will be soft enough to spread with a spatula in an even layer over the toffee.
- 12Sprinkle the remaining chopped almonds over the melted chocolate.
- 13Cool completely and then cut into desired shapes using a sharp knife.
- 14Store in an airtight container, at room temperature, for 7 - 10 days.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttercrunch Toffee
Serving Size: 1 (781 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3778.3
- Calories from Fat 2467
- Total Fat 274.2 g
- Saturated Fat 120.4 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 478.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 355.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 49.9 g
- Sugars 275.5 g
- Protein 62.0 g