Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe has been passed down through the generations and it is still a favorite at Christmas time.
- 1⁄2 lb margarine (softened)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (be sure to have extra on hand to coat the cookies in)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped extra fine
- preheat oven to 350.
- combine all ingredients and mix until well blended.
- make in to 1 - 1 1/2 inch balls and place on greased baking sheet.
- bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown around the edge (note the cookies will not be completely golden brown just a little on the very top and around the bottom edges.
- remove from oven and cool.
- role each cookie in powdered sugar.