1/1 Photo of Butterball Christmas Cookies
My mother had this cookie recipe since the 40's and I've been making it ever since I started baking. They are easy, pretty, delicious, and everyone's favorite even when it's NOT during Christmas baking. You roll them into balls and fit dozens on one cookie sheet - easy as can be.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream sofft butter, adding sugar gradually.
- 2Add egg yolks, slowing blending. Add flour gradually.
- 3Work dough around a cherry to form a balll. I make mine about 1 inch across, but you can make them smaller or larger.
- 4Place on greased cookie sheet (or, on parchment) and bake slowly at 325 for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 5Cool completely. Then, shake in confectioners sugar.
- 6They are light, and melt-in-your-mouth good (especially with cold milk). Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterball Christmas Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (702 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.4
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 36.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 1.1 g