Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a yummy bar cookie recipe that my mom gave to me.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2⁄3 cup butter (do not substitute)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, combine flour and 1 cup brown sugar and mix with fingers.
- Stir in 1/2 cup melted butter until mixture looks like cornmeal.
- Pat evenly into a 13 x 9 baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick baking spray.
- Sprinkle pecans over crust.
- In a small saucepan, combine 2/3 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils for 1 minute and looks syrupy.
- Drizzle mixture over pecans.
- Bake bars at 350F for 17-22 minutes until bubbly over entire surface.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle immediately with milk chocolate chips.
- Let melt for a few minutes, then swirl a knife through some of the chips to marble.
- NOTE: Let set for about an hour before cutting, as the chocolate will need to set up.
This was delicious when it was warm! It was gooey, soft, and smelled amazing! However, once it cooled down, it was tough to cut and chew. I recommend serving right away!
After reading the reviews I couldn't wait to try these. They came out awesome! Sure they are sweet. Most recipes with chocolate and caramel are... DUH! If you don't like sweet, then don't eat sweets. They are called that for a reason! Make em and see for yourself how yummy they are!
Took these to a friend's house for a cookout. The majority like them, though the common thought is that it was a little too sweet . Made for ZWT6 Voracious Vagabonds