Quick and Yummy Butterfinger Bars
There are a few recipes posted for "Butterfinger Bars" but none quite like like this one. This is a yummy bar cookie that is quick and easy enough for even kids to make. I have taken this to numerous gatherings and folks always ask for the recipe.
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2⁄3 cup white corn syrup
- 1 (18 ounce) jar chunky peanut butter
- 3 cups corn flakes cereal
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Heat sugar and corn syrup together in heavy pan until boiling. Add peanut butter.
- Mix until well blended.
- Pour over corn flake cereal, coating the cereal well.
- Press into a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in a small pan. Spread over batter.
- Chill for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut into bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I had these great little bars put together in less than 10 minutes. Wow, are they good! I added about 3 1/2 cups of cornflakes to the peanut butter mixture. We love the crunch of the cereal in this recipe. I also added the whole 12 oz. bag of milk chocolate chips (melted in the microwave) to the top. My family loved these bars and I will be making them again. Thanks so much, AndreaVT96!