Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Butter Pecan Turtle Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, sugar and butter for crust and mix well.
- Pat firmly into 13 x 9 pan and sprinkle pecans on top.
- For caramel layer, in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook butter and sugar, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute, then pour evenly over crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until layer is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
- Allow to melt for about 2 minutes, then stir for marble effect.
- Cool completely for several hours before cutting.
I've made these many times before, and happened upon the recipe again while browsing. The home-made caramel makes them especially good. I also find that they're a little too sweet at times, and cut back on the chocolate chips.
These sounded so good so I made them for a party I had last night. The amounts in the crust seem high and made a crust one inch thick which I thought was too much. It was easy to put together but when serving the pecan/chocolate topping fell off the base layer. I am a sweet a holic and I thought they were way too sweet. Someone at the party commented that they had a maple taste similar to desserts in Canada. I am giving 3 stars because she liked it. The bottom line with 12 ladies present I was left with more than 3/4 of a pan. I enjoy trying new things but I probably won't make this one again.
These are wonderful!!! So good when they are still warm with a big glass of milk. Served these for some kids and they were gone by the end of the day.