Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sweet and sour dressing that works best spooned over butter lettuce.
- 59.14 ml apricot preserves
- 44.37 ml cider vinegar
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml poppy seed
- 2 large butter lettuce, rinse and dry
- 1 large carrot, grated (optional)
- To make the dressing, place the preserves, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a blender.
- With machine running, gradually add oil until thickened. Stir in poppy seeds (don't blend seeds into dressing or they may pulverize.).
- Arrange lettuce leaves on individual salad plates.
- Serve with dressing passed on the side. If desired sprinkle the dressed greens with the grated carrot.