Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From "The Ultimate Cookie Book" by Catherine Atkinson. Servings and times are a guess. Let me know how much it makes if you try it!
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add flour and mix to form a thick paste.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease two baking sheets.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4" thickness. Cut out rounds with a 1 1/4" cookie cutter. Bake on sheets for 10 minutes, or until pale golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies can be decorated with piped swirls of buttercream and colored sugar.