Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
I use Decorator Buttercream Icing when I'm decorating a cake but we like this version on brownies, cookies or undecorated cakes. I cut the recipe in half for brownies. Goes really well on Dark Chocolate Cake. Freezes well also. (If you have leftovers, put it between graham cracker for a delicious snack or dessert. My kids love it that way!)
Top Review by Kat's Mom
A nice buttercream frosting. I used the salt to cut the sweetness and let it sit at room temperature for 1/2 hour to eliminate the slight graininess in texture. Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup real butter, no substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and then add vanilla and optional salt. (To cut the sweetness I usually sprinkle some salt in the vanilla, so it will dissolve.).
- Add sugar a cup at a time beating on medium speed. Add milk 1 Tbls. at a time and beat on high until completely blended and desired consistency.