2 hrs 8 mins
Debbie Smith's Note:
This dough has been made every Christmas in my house. This recipe can be used to make not only cut-out cookies to give your family a rest from the normal sugar cookie recipe, but also has two other variations. One can roll them out and add a dab of jam or a pecan or walnut before baking, or add chopped up walnuts and roll dough in confectioner's sugar to make snow balls. They're all delicious. (Just remember to chill before baking - that's the key.)
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- 2Add dry ingredients and stir well.
- 3For Cutouts: CHILL WELL.
- 4Roll out for cookie cutters.
- 5For Jam Centers: Place dough on wax paper.
- 6Roll into a tube form with the wax paper surrounding it well.
- 7Place in refrigerator and CHILL WELL.
- 8When chilled, cut off slices of the tubed dough to make a round cookie.
- 9You can press a spot in the center for the jam to be placed, or just put a nut there for another alternative.
- 10For Snow Balls: Before chilling, add 1 1/2 cups walnuts.
- 11CHILL WELL.
- 12When chilled, make small 1 inch balls out of dough and roll them in Confectioner's sugar.
- 13Bake all three types at 400°F for 8-10 minutes.
- 14The cookies should brown slightly.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Cookies - Three Cookies in One Dough
Serving Size: 1 (2349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1779.3
- Calories from Fat 865
- Total Fat 96.1 g
- Saturated Fat 59.3 g
- Cholesterol 349.7 mg
- Sodium 1613.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 210.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 89.0 g
- Protein 20.2 g