Recipe by SilentCricket
These cookies are a Christmas tradition in our home...A very delicious tradition, I might add! Try them in your holiday baking and see what you think! (Prep time includes rolling cookie dough into balls)
Top Review by Cindy Lynn
I made these for the Cookiethon, then had technical difficulties so didn't get my review posted in a timely manner...sorry, Martha. These were very easy to make. I colored some white sugar with red food coloring and some with green food coloring. The first two pans I sprinkled the sugar on after baking. I wasn't satisfied with this, so for the next two pans, I used a glass dipped in the colored sugar and slightly flattened the cookie balls. This worked beautifully and is definitely the way I'll do it next time. I didn't try the second method initially because I was afraid the sugar on top would make the tops burn, but it didn't at all. Thanks for sharing this recipe Martha!
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Roll dough into balls the size of walnuts.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet (s).
- Flatten balls slightly with your hand, then with a fork.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes until slightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheets and place on rack to cool.
- ***Sprinklewith colored sugar at Christmas time for that festive touch!