Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are great for guests or to bring into the office. They do not take long to bake and they keep well in an air tight glass jar or plastic container for up to a week. Stacey
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- stir together flour and baking powder.
- in a large mixing bowl combine 1 tsp hot water and coffee granules, stir until dissolved.
- add butter beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds or until creamy.
- add white sugar and beat mixture until fluffy.
- add flour mixture a little at a time until well blended.
- divide dough into 30 small balls.
- keep half of the balls covered and chilled until ready to use.
- lightl flour your work surface.
- roll each ball into a 9 inch long rope, then twist slightly.
- place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- combine the egg white and 1 Tbsp of water.
- brush over cookies.
- bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- cool 1 minute on cookie sheet before transfering to wire cooling rack.
- drizzle with icing while slightly warm.
- in a small bowl combine powdered sugar and vanilla extract,and enough water to achieve desired consistency.
- beat until smooth.