Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from Better Recipes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup real butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt then set aside.
- Cream together 1 cup butter and 2 cups of sugar.
- Then, blend in eggs and mix in the buttermilk and vanilla, adding alternately the milk and flour mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Pour into the bundt pan and bake 1 hour.
- For the butter sauce, in a medium saucepan, on medium heat, mix the sugar, water and butter.
- Bring to a low boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved then add vanilla.
- When cake is still very hot, leave in bundt pan, and poke small holes in top and drizzle butter sauce over cake.
- Transfer to dish and dust with powdered sugar.