1 hr 15 mins
Air Force Mama's Note:
Adapted from Better Recipes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- 3Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt then set aside.
- 4Cream together 1 cup butter and 2 cups of sugar.
- 5Then, blend in eggs and mix in the buttermilk and vanilla, adding alternately the milk and flour mixture into the creamed mixture.
- 6Pour into the bundt pan and bake 1 hour.
- 7For the butter sauce, in a medium saucepan, on medium heat, mix the sugar, water and butter.
- 8Bring to a low boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved then add vanilla.
- 9When cake is still very hot, leave in bundt pan, and poke small holes in top and drizzle butter sauce over cake.
- 10Transfer to dish and dust with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Cake
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.9
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 123.8 mg
- Sodium 525.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 51.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g