Recipe by ellie_
Baked fish that tastes fried. Original recipe printed in Bon Appetit (August 1981) is a favorite Friday night supper for us.
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 lbs fish fillets, about 1 1/2 inches thick,cut into 6 pieces (I use flounder or catfish)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500-degrees F.
- Grease 9x12" baking dish.
- Combine sour cream and soup mix in small bowl.
- Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley and paprika in small dish.
- Dip fish in sour cream mixture and then in bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange fish in single layer in baking dish.
- Pour oil over top of all.
- Bake 8-10 minutes; turn and continue baking until done, about 5-10 more minutes.