Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another great recipe from a magazine. Enjoy!!
Make and share this Busy Day El Rancho Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- corn tortilla, cut in thin strips
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- sliced tomatoes (optional)
- Combine soups, undrained tomatoes and next 3 ingredients, set aside.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the tortilla strips over bottom of ungreased 3qt baking dish.
- Layer 1/2 of the chicken, spoon 1/2 of the soup mixture on top.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese and another 1/3 of the tortilla strips over soup.
- Layer with remaining chicken, soup and tortillas.
- Bake covered at 350 for 45 minutes until bubbly and center is hot.
- Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes longer until cheese is melted.
- Top with sliced tomatoes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.