Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have always loved Dairy Queen's Buster Bars. This is as close as you can get to making them at home I think! A rich french vanilla ice cream and a good quality hot fudge is the secret!
- Crumble oreos and set aside 1/2 cup.
- Mix oreos with margarine and press into 13x9 pan bottom only.
- Gently spread ice cream over the oreo crust.
- Slightly heat hot fudge and pour over ice cream.
- Don't get it too warm as it will melt the ice cream and ruin the dessert.
- Just warm enough to pour comfortably.
- Cover with the peanuts.
- Spread the cool whip over the top.
- Sprinkle with the left over oreo crumbs.
- Take out 1/2 hour before serving time.
Kids loved it. We used caramel and choc sauce. Thought it had a coffee flavor to the oreo base.
This was yummy and easy to make! I didn't use peanuts, cause my DH can't eat, them, but we didn't even miss them, this was so good! Thanks for posting!