Recipe by Robyn's Cookin'
I'll admit it...I LOVE the sloppy, everything-tastes-the-same goodness that is Taco Bell! It's the one fast food I have a hard time giving up, but I'm trying. Not only does this recipe cure my cravings every time, but I control the ingredients so I get all my "slop" without the guilt! :) (Note: You can certainly use all ground beef, but I always have baggies of pre-cooked ground beef/TVP mixture [Ground Beef + Tvp = Lots O' Meat] in my freezer and I wanted the nutrition info true to what I do.)
- 1 lb 97% lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup textured vegetable protein
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef broth
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (or 1 packet store-bought)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (use El Pato Mexican-style if you like spicy)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans refried beans