Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
A great recipe I got from Mom's Online. Good for your picky child!!! Serve with quesadillas and a veggie for a complete meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- 1 can olive (sliced)
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef and taco seasoning.
- Form mixture into a loaf shape and place in a loaf pan for baking.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes at 375 degrees (F).
- Remove loaf from pan.
- Drain any drippings or grease from the bottom of the pan.
- In the bottom of the pan spread refried beans.
- Put meatloaf back on top of beans.
- Pour salsa on top of meatloaf.
- Sprinkle top with Cheese.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Slice to serve.
- Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of sliced olives.
Sooooooo Good!!!! And easy to prepare. I didn't use the refried beans, DH not crazy about that. Also used 1/2 pepperjack and 1/2 cheddar for a little extra kick! Also put a handful of Dorito's on top. Yum!!!!
My family loved this. It was such a nice change from the usual meatloaf and easy too! I had some roma tomatoes I needed to use up so I chopped up and threw them in the meat mixture. I also added olive slices between the meat and beans and over the top of the cheese. Will be making this again for sure!
This was great!! I learned a very important lesson...either use a giant loaf pan or put the loaf pan on a cookie sheet before cutting!! My loaf pan was filled to the rim with all the goodies, but I had forgotten that the meat had shrunk, so when I went to cut it-it slid back and forth a bit in the pan, slopping salsa and stuff all over my counter!! Oh well! Live and learn. Despite my messy kitchen we completely enjoyed this and I'm not a meatloaf kind of girl!! I served it with quessadilla's just like you suggested...What a great dinner!