Recipe by Sueie
Nice and spicy, simple and delicious.
Top Review by JustJanS
This was simple to make, and really quite nicely flavoured. I used a little extra garlic and ginger, and stock instead of water as I didn't feel the 1 teaspoon of fish sauce would make it salty enough. I also used thigh fillets which I cut in half as we prefer them in a curry over breast meat. The teaspoon of chilli flakes gave it just a nice bite for our tastes, and I garnished it with chopped mint.
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in shallow pan over medium heat and brown chicken breasts.
- Remove and then add onion, garlic, ginger and lemon rind, turmeric, chilli flakes and fish sauce.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup water and add chicken, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with rice garnished lemon and coriander.