Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A nice change from your everyday meatloaf.
Make and share this Burgundy Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine ground meat, onion, eggs, bread crumbs, parsley, wine, basil, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- On a 12 inch square piece of aluminum foil, crisscross 3 bacon slices.
- Shape meat mixture into a 6 inch round and place on top of bacon.
- Top meatloaf with remaining bacon slices, cut in half.
- Place bay leaf on top of bacon slices.
- Lift foil with loaf into slow cooker; cover.
- Cook on High for 1 hour, turn heat to low and cook 4 more hours or until meatloaf is done.
- Remove loaf from slow cooker by lifting the foil, titling fat back into the crockpot.
- Discard bacon and bay leaf.
- Serve with heated tomato sauce poured over it.