Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a stuffed Burger with mushroom sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) box chicken stove top stuffing mix
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 (8 ounce) package button mushrooms
- In a saucepan, boil 1 1/2 cups of water with 4 of your 6 T butter.
- Add stuffing mix, sitr, cover and allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly by taking the cover off.
- Slice or chop the mushrooms, saute until browned or soft in the remaining 2T butter.
- Let them cool also.
- Mix the ground beef with the milk and form into 4 patties about 6 inches in size.
- Place 1/4 cup of stuffing in the middle of each patty and pull the beef up and around it. It will look like a big meatball. The beef will seem loose but it will firm up in the oven. Also you will have leftover stuffing.
- Place the balls in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Mix the soup, worcestershire sauce, catsup and mushrooms together and put over the burger balls.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.