1/1 Photo of Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat)
The Spice Guru's Note:
My reverse-engineered recipe for replicating KFC's 'Original Recipe' chicken breading seasoning. Yields enough seasoning for 6 batches fried chicken or 12 batches Kentucky Fried Pork Chops. Mix 1/2 level cup of this blend with 2 cups unbleached breading flour for frying one fryer chicken or up to 16 drumsticks. Follow KFC Original Recipe Chicken (Copycat) for brining, preparation and frying instructions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
BASE MIXTURE (READ ALL NOTES)
- 2/3 cup fine sea salt (level)
- 5 tablespoons Accent seasoning
- 4 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons egg white powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
11 SECRET HERBS AND SPICES
- 1/2 cup ground tellicherry black pepper (level)
- 6 tablespoons seasoned mild chili powder
- 3 tablespoons jamaican ground ginger
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dalmatian ground sage
- 2 tablespoons ground winter savory
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon hickory smoke salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground anise seed
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mace
- 1/2 tablespoon ground tarragon
- 1NOTES: PREPARE RECIPE EXACTLY AS DIRECTED. DO NOT OMIT ACCENT SEASONING (IT LENDS THE AUTHENTIC SWEET FLAVOR). EGG WHITE POWDER IS SOLD IN HEALTH FOOD STORES. FINELY GRIND REQUIRED HERBS AND SPICES SEPARATELY IN A CLEAN SPICE MILL OR COFFEE GRINDER. USE A PEPPER MILL TO MEDIUM-GRIND TELLICHERRY PEPPERCORNS. GRIND DALMATIAN SAGE TO A FINE POWDER. I RECOMMEND MCCORMICK BRAND TELLICHERRY BLACK PEPPER AND DALMATIAN SAGE, GERHARDT BRAND CHILI POWDER, AND MARION-KAY BRAND GROUND GINGER, GROUND (WINTER) SAVORY, AND HICKORY SMOKE SEASONING. WINTER SAVORY MAY BE SUBSTITUTED WITH THE FOLLOWING BLEND (GRIND INGREDIENTS IN A SPICE MILL, THEN USE 2 TABLESPOONS): 1/2 tablespoon ground chamomile, 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander, 1/2 tablespoon ground parsley, 1/2 tablespoon ground rosemary, 1/2 tablespoon ground thyme, 3/4 teaspoon ground dried lemon peel, 3/4 teaspoon ground mint.
- 2MEASURE only the BASE MIXTURE and 11 HERBS AND SPICES ingredients into a large sealable container, such as a GLAD food storage container or a Ziploc bag.
- 3BREAK up any clumps (and dry milk powder) using the back of a spoon.
- 4SEAL the container.
- 5SHAKE container to mix well.
- 6STORE container sealed and store in a cool dry place.
- 7WHEN ready to use, measure 1/2 level cup of this mixture plus 2 cups unbleached breading flour into a large re-sealable container.
- 8SEAL the container with flour and seasoning; SHAKE well until thoroughly combined.
- 9FOLLOW link to KFC Original Recipe Chicken (Copycat) for complete brining, preparation and frying instructions (skipping its STEP #3 since you've already done this).
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (11 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 17.6
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 2133.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hickory smoke salt