A delightful salad from North Africa. Oil-cured black olives can also be added to this salad just before serving, if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 225 g bulgur wheat
- 300 ml boiling water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 red pepper, grilled, peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch plump spring onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 115 g feta cheese, crumbled
- lime wedge, to serve
- 1Place the bulgur wheat in a large bowl, add the boiling water and leave to soak for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally with a fork, until the water has been absorbed.
- 2In a mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice and seasoning.
- 3Pour oil mixture over the bulgur wheat, add the herbs and mix well.
- 4Then mix in the remaining ingredients.
- 5Cover and chill until required.
- 6Serve garnished with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bulgur, Red Pepper, Cucumber and Cheese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.3
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 219.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: