Recipe by KLHquilts
From "The Los Angeles Times California Cookbook" (1981).
Top Review by Little Suzy Homemaker
My Mom started making these when I was a little girl and we lived in Hawaii. It was a lot easier to get flanken ribs there! I make these for my family now and this is the exact recipe I use. I do recall that my Mom has the same cookbook as you credit! Love them and would never quit making them.
- 4 lbs beef short ribs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place short ribs in a bowl.
- Add garlic, sesame seeds, green onions pepper, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, and oil, and toss to coat meat well.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for two hours.
- Barbecue over coals or under broiler, turning and basting often with marinade until meat is tender.