Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very popular desert in the Philippines. Buko is young coconut flesh and is used in many foods here. When we first moved to the Philippines we were a little turned off by the idea of having corn and cheese in our fruit salad, but it's grown on me and now even my kids love it. Still, even though it's tradditionally made this way I've also been served buko salads once or twice that didn't add the corn and cheese, so I put it as optional. This recipe was given to me by my good Filipino friend and helper, Marina. Cooking time doesn't include freezing time. This can be eaten right out of the freezer when it's more frozen, after it's sat out and mostly melted, or it's even eaten completely melted sometimes.
- 3 cups coconut meat, grated (or you can buy it canned)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained (don't use the juice from the can)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Nestle cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whole kernel corn (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- Combine and toss together all ingredients.
- Freeze in the freezer.
- Take it out and enjoy the cold desert.
This is one of my favorite Filipino dessert. It's really yummy and delish. Thank u for sharing. Glen Cole of ARIZONA
well I I did not actually make this myself my Filipino DIL-to-be made it with me at her home, this was given thumbs up and thoroughly enjoyed by all that ate it, thank you for sharing hon (made for the camera-less chef game)