Recipe by Charmed_by_Bart
This is a very easy and refreshing dessert. It's usually served during family gatherings and celebrations here in the Philippines.
- 4 cups coconut meat, cut into strings
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pandan extract
- 2 (250 ml) packages cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (405 g) can sweetened condensed milk
for the gelatin
- 2 (90 g) packages unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups water
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon pandan extract
- 5 drops green food coloring
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- dissolve gelatin and sugar in 1 1/2 cup water, and bring to boil.
- add the remaining 1 1/2 cup water.
- remove from heat and stir in the pandan essence and food color.
- transfer into a flat container and refrigerate until firm (about 2-3 hours).
- cut the gelatin into 1 inch cubes.
- in a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose cream, milk and sweetened condensed milk.
- stir in pandan essence.
- drain off all the liquid from the buko meat before adding to the cream mixture.
- gently mix in the gelatin.
- serve chilled.