Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
Little chefs can help transform sausages and breadstick dough into bugs almost too cute to eat! Dot the backs of these cute bugs with ketchup and mustard and mustard dots for eyes! Your kids will love these. From Pillsbury.com
- 1 (11 ounce) canpillsbury refrigerated breadstick dough
- 24 cocktail smoked sausage links (from 14-oz package)
- 3⁄4 cup shoestring potatoes (from 1 3/4-oz can)
- ketchup (for decoration) or barbecue sauce (for decoration) or mustard (for decoration)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Unroll dough; separate at perforations into 12 breadsticks. With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each breadstick in half crosswise, making 24 pieces.
- Wrap each piece of dough around center of each sausage, pinching to seal and leaving each end of sausage showing. Place seam side down and 1/2 inch apart on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; place on serving plate or tray. Cool 2 minutes.
- Insert shoestring potatoes into baked dough to resemble legs and antennae. Decorate "bugs" with dots or stripes of ketchup.