Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
After going to Buffalo Wild Wings, we wanted to try and find some of their wing sauce recipes. This is what I have found on other websites.
- 2 cups mango nectar
- habanero sauce (recommend El Yucatan, amount to taste)
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup pepper sauce (Frank's)
- 1⁄3 cup butter (melted)
- Put the mango nectar in a large pan and add the amount of habanero sauce you want. mix it up. should be a nice bright orange. put it on medium heat and let it simmer, stir intermittently and reduce to about 1/4 cup volume. Add corn syrup, cayenne sauce and melted butter. Mix.
- Cook the chicken however you want.
- Toss the wings/chicken in your sauce.
I thought this recipe was a great replica! I make it all the time instead of buying it ;) I found the mango nectar on the juice aisle, in a can. Thank you!
I used a cup of habenero sauce and it was perfect. Just like at the restaurant, my hubby's favorite and since moving and the closest one is a 2 hour drive, this has really helped with the cravings!!
This is not even remotely close to BWW mango habanero sauce. There is so much unnecessarily added to this sauce, and anyone who has tasted the real sauce can tell this isn't even similar. As a standalone, this isn't the worst mango habanero sauce I have tried, as a copy cat recipe it isn't even worth trying.