Recipe by FLKeysJen
I saw these on Rachael Ray's episode with Kristin Davis. She recommends serving them on kimmelwick (also spelled kummelweck) rolls, Kaiser rolls topped with lots of pretzel salt and caraway seeds. I reduced the amount of grill seasoning and increased from 4 to 6 burgers based on the reviews.
Top Review by Mom of Five
I am giving this five stars although it was too salty, because the basic recipe is good. Thankfully I listened to "shimmy shake's" advice about the grill seasoning-mine was too salty! I think I could have cut that in half and been fine. Having said that, all five of my children liked the burgers and my dh went back for seconds. I cannot imagine how large the burgers would be if you made only four. We had nine good-sized burgers from this recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Buffalo Turkey Burgers
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey breast
- 2 -4 tablespoons grill seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chives, plus extra chopped (to garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Blue Cheese Gravy
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup blue cheese
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 3 stalks celery, cut into sticks
- 4 kaiser rolls (kimmelwick rolls) or 4 slices rye bread (thick slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix the turkey, grill seasoning, hot sauce, chives, parsley and garlic. Form six patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with two tablespoons olive oil, two turns around the pan. Sauté the burgers about five minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Sprinkle the flour over the butter and cook it for about 1 minute. Whisk the milk into the roux and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. When the milk comes up to a bubble and has thickened, take the pan off the heat and stir the blue cheese into the sauce in a figure-eight motion.
- To serve, place the top of the roll or a slice of rye bread on a plate, top with the burger. Serve with celery and carrot sticks and a cup of warm, blue cheese dip garnished with some chopped chives alongside. You can also drizzle some buffalo sauce over the top.