Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Super delicious option for burgers when you are sick of the usual ground beef burger.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 2⁄3 cup grated carrot (grate in food processor)
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tablespoon red onion, grated
- 1⁄4 cup louisiana hot sauce
- salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
- 5 slices reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 5 whole wheat hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, carrots, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Makes 5 equal patties, 5.5 oz each.
- Heat a large skillet on high heat. When hot, lightly spray the oil. Add burgers to the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook on one side until browned 4-5 minutes, then flip. Cook another 4 minutes or until burgers are cooked all the way through (keep heat medium-low to prevent burning);.
- Top with cheese and place on a toasted burger buns.