1/1 Photo of Buffalo Sweet Potato & Blue Cheese Pizza
1 hr 15 mins
taken from http://www.bitchincamero.com/mel/2009/05/buffalo-sweet-potato-blue-cheese-pizza/ it sounds totally bizarre but could be amazing?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 (1 1/2 teaspoon) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for coating
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 sweet potatoes, baked or 1 sweet potato, cooked in the microwave until tender throughout
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon coarse cornmeal
- 1Mix the flour and salt in a big bowl, mixing well. Sprinkle the top of the flour with the yeast, then add the wet ingredients and mix together into a big clump.
- 2Flour a surface, and dump contents of bowl onto it. Knead everything together until all the ingredients are mixed well. Super Lazy Mel Tip: you can knead the dough right inside the bowl. You may hurt your knuckles a bit, but the clean up is much easier.
- 3Pick the dough up, then lightly oil the bowl and place the dough ball inside, coating all sides with oil. Cover the ball tightly with plastic wrap and let the dough rise for at least 2 hours. I let it sit out on the counter all day while I’m at work and that seems to be fine as well.
- 4Knead the dough for a bit to remove the air bubbles. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 30 more minutes.
- 5If you have a pizza stone, preheat it under your oven’s broiler. If you don’t, preheat the cookie sheet you’ll use.
- 6While your pizza stone heats, grate the potato with a box grater, or simply mash it up with a fork.
- 7Roll out your dough as thinly as possible. Sprinkle the cornmeal on the heated stone or cookie sheet, then top it with the dough.
- 8Brush on half of the buffalo sauce, then cover the pizza with the sweet potato as evenly as possible. Brush on the remaining buffalo sauce and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella.
- 9Pop that into the oven for 6 – 8 minutes under the pre-heated broiler. Watch it closely. It’s done when the dough is crisp and the cheese is browned.
- 10Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with the blue cheese as evenly as possible. Slice and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Sweet Potato & Blue Cheese Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.8
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 54.0 mg
- Sodium 1973.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 27.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
buffalo wing sauce