Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Buffalo Stew for the slow cooker. Free Range Buffalo is lower in fat and cholesterol than even chicken breast. The general rule for cooking buffalo is "Lower, Slower"; lower temperatures for longer time than beef.
- Dredge Buffalo in Flour, set aside.
- Slice Sweet Potatoes, place in bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cut onions into large pieces and layer over potatoes.
- Clean Mushrooms thoroughly, cut in half, and layer over onions.
- Layer Baby Carrots over mushrooms.
- Layer floured Buffalo over carrots.
- Pour Diced Tomatoes and liquid evenly over Buffalo.
- Season with Bay Leaf, Oregano, and Pepper.
- Pour Vegetable Broth evenly over all.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring towards end.