6 hrs 20 mins
Buffalo Stew for the slow cooker. Free Range Buffalo is lower in fat and cholesterol than even chicken breast. The general rule for cooking buffalo is "Lower, Slower"; lower temperatures for longer time than beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dredge Buffalo in Flour, set aside.
- 2Slice Sweet Potatoes, place in bottom of the slow cooker.
- 3Cut onions into large pieces and layer over potatoes.
- 4Clean Mushrooms thoroughly, cut in half, and layer over onions.
- 5Layer Baby Carrots over mushrooms.
- 6Layer floured Buffalo over carrots.
- 7Pour Diced Tomatoes and liquid evenly over Buffalo.
- 8Season with Bay Leaf, Oregano, and Pepper.
- 9Pour Vegetable Broth evenly over all.
- 10Cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring towards end.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Stew
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.1
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 110.6 mg
- Sodium 411.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 45.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: