Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I haven't made this yet, HOWEVER, the person I got this from said that everyone was CRAZY about it! I can't wait to try it-thanks Mark! His last comment was "Perpare to be lavished with praise" so it must be delicious!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (boneless, skinless and about 4-5 breasts)
- 12 ounces buffalo wing sauce (I use 1 bottle of Frank's Buffalo wing sauce)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle bleu cheese salad dressing (or ranch if you prefer)
- 8 -10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- In large saucepan, boil chicken in water until cooked through (about 17-20 minutes).
- Drain chicken well and shred thoroughly with two forks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine chicken & wing sauce and spread evenly into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, combine cream cheese and dressing, stirring until smooth and hot.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and evenly spinkly the grated cheese over the top.
- Return dip to oven and back uncovered for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with celery, carrots and bagel chips.
- *TIP-marinade chicken overnight in buffalo style marinade. Shred chicken with two forks only -- don't attempt to shred by hand. When dip is removed from oven at the 20 minute mark and when ready to serve, take a large spoon and skim off the excess oil from the surface of the dip. If using bleu cheese dressing, sprinkle some bleu cheese crumbles on top of the chicken layer prior to pouring on the cream cheese/dressing mixture.
I have to agree with your friend Mark, as this is amazing! I use ranch when I make it. One tip that I think comes in handy... I mix the cheddar cheese into the mixture before I bake it. Once it's been sitting for a bit, it gets kind of hard to scoop it out because the cheese kind of hardens up. Yumm!!!!
I have made this several times and it is always the hit of the party, be prepared to have nothing left and people asking for more. I always use the Renee's blue cheese dressing though, and never a ranch dressing for buffalo dip. I always put it out with the tostito scoops. Its a guaranteed winner!!